In recent times, Broccoli is gaining all the attention it had always deserved for its many health benefits, with loads of nutrients in every bite. Broccoli belongs to the cruciferous family, family of cauliflower and cabbage. It can be steamed, stir-fried, added to pastas, to soups, or can be consumed raw to get the host of nutrients.
Broccoliâ€™s noteworthy nutrients include:
With just 30 calories in one cup of chopped broccoli and a dozens of other nutrients, broccoli is a must have in our diets. Add it in your soups, pastas, salads, or have it stir fried, steamed or try the following lips smacking recipe:
Baked Broccoli with Cottage Cheese
1. Put small cup of sweet potatoes,
2. Â½ cup of sliced bell peppers,
3. 7-8 cubes of low fat cottage cheese,
4. 1 cup of chopped broccoli,
5. 2 garlic cloves in a baking tray toss
6. 1 tsp of olive oil, and salt and pepper.
7. Roast at 400 degree F until tender.
8. Squeeze lemon to add zing to the dish